Calendar for October 2020, fun fact about October, history of October, phase of the Moon and all about October you might interest.
Calendar for October 2020
Phase of the Moon:
|October 1||October 9||October 16||October 23||October 31|
|Full Moon||3rd Quarter||New Moon||1st Quarter||Full Moon|
Holidays and Observances in U.S.:
- 12: Columbus Day (Most regions)
Holidays and Festivals around the World:
- Yom Kippur
- Columbus Day
- Child Health Day
- National Hispanic Heritage Month (Sep 15 through Oct 15)
- Italian American Heritage Month
- Polish American Heritage Month
- National Breast Cancer Month
- National Pizza Month
- National Dessert Month
- Country Music Month
- National Book Fair Month
- 31: Halloween
Fun Facts about October:
- It is the second Autumn month.
- National Fire Prevention Week falls during the week of October 9 each year. It commemorates the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.
- October in the Northern Hemisphere is similar to April in the Southern Hemisphere.
- The leaves of trees often begin to change their colors during this month.
- The World Series for Major League Baseball generally takes place during October.
- The NBA, National Basketball League, and the NHL, National Hockey League, both begin their seasons in October.
- There are many health observances that have October as their national month. These include Healthy Lungs, Breast Cancer, Lupus, Spina Bifida, Blindness, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- The United Kingdom celebrates the 21st as Apple Day.
History of October:
October was originally the eighth month of the Roman calendar. It comes from the Latin word “octo” meaning eight. Later, it became the 10th month when January and February were added to the Calendar.
October in Other Languages
- Danish: oktober
- French: octobre
- Italian: ottobre
- Latin: October
- Spanish: octubre
- Japanese: 十月 (Jugatsu)
- Chinese (Mandarin): shíyuè