Calendar for March 2021
Phase of the Moon:
|March 5||March 13||March 21||March 28|
|3rd Quarter||New Moon||1st Quarter||Full Moon|
Holidays and Observances in U.S.:
- 17: St. Patrick’s Day
- 1: First Day of Women’s History Month
Holidays and Festivals around the World:
- Read Across America Day (Dr. Seuss Birthday)
- Saint Patrick’s Day
- Pi Day
- Daylight Saving Day
- Women’s History Month
- National Nutrition Month
- American Red Cross Month
- Fire Prevention Month
Fun Facts about March:
- It is the first month of Spring which begins between March 19-21.
- In the Southern Hemisphere, March is the same as September in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Each year March and June end on the same day of the week.
- It is the time of year when animals start to wake up from hibernation.
- March Madness is a basketball tournament played by the NCAA.
- Easter is sometimes celebrated in March.
History of March:
The name March comes from the Roman god of war, Mars. For many years, March, being the start of spring, was also the start of the New Year. Much of Europe used March as the start of the year. Britain used March 25th as the beginning of the New Year until 1752.
March in Other Languages
- Danish: marts
- French: mars
- Italian: marzo
- Latin: Martius
- Spanish: marzo
- Japanese: Sangatsu
- Chinese (Mandarin): sanyuè