When is VFW Day and How to Celebrate?
Every year, on September 29th, we observe VFW Day to pay tribute to the remarkable contributions and sacrifices of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW).
This day holds a special place in our hearts as we honor those who have bravely served their nation in foreign conflicts, defending the values and freedoms we hold dear.
When is VFW Day?
VFW Day is an annual event and always takes place every year on September 29th.
How to Celebrate:
Attend VFW Events: Many local VFW posts organize events on this day, such as ceremonies, parades, and gatherings to honor veterans. Participating in these events is a great way to show your support.
Express Gratitude: Take a moment to personally thank any veterans you know for their service. A simple gesture of appreciation can mean a lot to those who have served.
Donate and Volunteer: Consider making a donation to VFW programs that support veterans and their families. Additionally, you can volunteer your time at veterans’ hospitals, retirement homes, or community events.
Learn About History: Educate yourself and others about the history of the VFW and the vital role it has played in supporting veterans throughout the years.
Display the Flag: Fly the American flag to honor all those who have served and to symbolize your respect for their sacrifices.
VFW Day Upcoming Dates:
- VFW Day 2023 takes place on Friday, September 29, 2023.
- VFW Day 2024 takes place on Sunday, September 29, 2024.
- VFW Day 2025 takes place on Monday, September 29, 2025.
- VFW Day 2026 takes place on Tuesday, September 29, 2026.
- 2027: Wednesday, September 29, 2027.
- 2028: Friday, September 29, 2028.
- 2029: Saturday, September 29, 2029.
- 2030: Sunday, September 29, 2030.
Where to Celebrate:
VFW posts across the country often organize local events to commemorate VFW Day. Check with your local VFW chapter to find out about any activities or gatherings planned in your community.
Additionally, you can join parades, ceremonies, and other events that honor veterans in your area.
VFW Day Quotes:
“Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.” – Abraham Lincoln
“The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.” – Patrick Henry
“The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
“The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract.” – Abraham Lincoln
“In valor there is hope.” – Tacitus
Holidays in September
- When is VFW Day VFW Day is an annual event and always takes place every year on September 29.
- When is World Heart Day World Heart Day is an annual event and always takes place every year on September 29.
- When is Michaelmas Michaelmas is an annual event and always takes place every year on September 29.
- When is Blasphemy Day Blasphemy Day is an annual event and always takes place every year on September 30.
- When is Chewing Gum Day Chewing Gum Day is an annual event and always takes place every year on September 30.
- When is International Translation Day International Translation Day is an annual event and always takes place every year on September 30.
VFW Day serves as a poignant reminder of the selflessness, dedication, and bravery displayed by our veterans. It’s a day to show our appreciation, support, and commitment to those who have served in foreign conflicts.
By participating in events and taking time to remember their sacrifices, we contribute to keeping their legacy alive and honor their service to our nation.