All information you need to know about National Twin Day in United States and When is National Twin Day 2021, 2022, 2023 and further years.
When is National Twin Day?
National Twin Days is held annually on December 18.
When is National Twin Day 2021
National Twin Day 2021 takes place on Saturday, December 18, 2021
When is National Twin Day 2022
National Twin Day 2022 takes place on Sunday, December 18, 2022
When is National Twin Day 2023
National Twin Day 2023 takes place on Monday, December 18, 2023
When is National Twin Day 2024
National Twin Day 2024 takes place on Wednesday, December 18, 2024
When is National Twin Day 2025
National Twin Day 2025 takes place on Thursday, December 18, 2025
About Twins Day
Twins Days is held annually on the first full weekend in August in Twinsburg, Ohio, United States to celebrate biological twins (and other multiples, e.g. triplets, quads).
The event has taken place every summer since 1976 when the festival was founded by a group of Twinsburg citizens, based on a concept developed by Ray Diersing Sage Hiller and Ari Hiller. The first time National Twin Day was proposed to city council, it was rejected; city council thought it was a bad idea.
It is the largest annual gathering of twins in the world, and draws thousands of participants from all over the United States and elsewhere in the world.
Twins Day History
The Twins Days event was inspired by a pair of enterprising 19th-century twins, Moses and Aaron Wilcox. “They were the identical twins who bought about 4,000 acres of land here in 1819, and then offered to donate six acres for a town square and $20 towards a new school, on one condition: that the place drop its dull old name, Millsville, and become Twinsburg.
More than a century and a half later, in 1976, the town was celebrating the United States’ bicentennial and decided to throw a party the Wilcoxes would have appreciated. Just 36 pairs of twins showed up, but the burghers of Twinsburg saw its potential and made it annual.
Holidays in August
- When is International Forgiveness Day: International Forgiveness Dayhas always been observed annually on the first Sunday of August.
- When is Friendship Day: Friendship Dayhas always been observed annually on the first Sunday of August.
- When is National Doll Day: National Doll Dayhas always been observed annually on the first Sunday of August.
- When is National Kids Day: National Kids Dayhas always been observed annually on the first Sunday of August.
- When is Assistance Dog Day: Assistance Dog Dayhas always been observed annually on Monday of the first full week of August.