About Oktoberfest and When is Oktoberfest 2016.
About Oktoberfest 2016 German Beer Festivals, When is Oktoberfest 2016 and Oktoberfest 2016 Locations and all about Oktoberfest 2016 you need to know!
Oktoberfest is the world’s largest Volksfest (beer festival and travelling funfair). Held annually in Munich, Bavaria, Germany, it is a 16-day folk festival running from mid or late September to the first weekend in October, with more than 6 million people from around the world attending the event every year. Locally, it is often simply called the Wiesn, after the colloquial name of the fairgrounds (Theresienwiese) themselves. The Oktoberfest is an important part of Bavarian culture, having been held since 1810. Other cities across the world also hold Oktoberfest celebrations, modeled after the original Munich event. (wikipedia)
When is Oktoberfest 2016 – 2020 – Oktoberfest Dates:
- Oktoberfest 2016 Dates: Saturday, September 17th – Monday, October 3rd
Oktoberfest 2016 Locations:
Observed by: Munich, Germany
The Oktoberfest takes place in Munich, Germany, on the famous “Theresienwiese”, which is also called “Festwiese” by the locals. The big tents are erected during the summer. The construction starts in June and takes about three months to be completed, just in time for the opening ceremony of the Fest.
Oktoberfest 2016 – 2020 Dates:
- Oktoberfest 2017 Dates: Saturday, September 23th – Sunday, October 8th
- Oktoberfest 2018 Dates: Saturday, September 22th – Sunday, October 7th
- Oktoberfest 2019 Dates: Saturday, September 21st – Sunday, October 6th
- Oktoberfest 2020 Dates: Saturday, September 19th – Sunday, October 4th